<body> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=28322484&amp;blogName=Other&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=BLUE&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fjie-bday.blogspot.com%2F&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fjie-bday.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div> Not just a perfect blog template.


Sunday, October 28, 2007


Mugging is a STUPID word for Studying

Recently, I have been hearing the word 'Mugging' being used more and more often. Mugging sucks. Actually i didn't really know what is the definition of mugging. All my friends have very similar idea of the word 'mugging' as studying very hard. An example is given below.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Click on the image to enlarge.

But i don't get it. How the hell can the word 'Mug', a drinking cup, usually cylindrical in shape, having a handle, and often of a heavy substance, as earthenware, have any association with the word 'study', application of the mind to the acquisition of knowledge, as by reading, investigation, or reflection?

When I first saw the word mugging in one of my friends email address, it didn't make sense at all to me because at that time, the term 'mugging' means a drinkable cup with 'ing' at the end to show that someone is actually 'doing a drinkable cup', which doesn't make sense.

I was right. Mugging is not studying. Stop using the word 'Mugging' when you are referring to studying people, you don't sound cool or impressive. You just sound stupid. Because when you say you are mugging, you are actually doing this.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
You are actually assaulting someone. With the intention of robbing.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So please stop using the word mugging.

Norman Au.

Norman Au.



Blogged at 7:47 PM, +8 GMT


2 Comments:

Hey. If you are a Singaporean with a right mind, would you go to dictionary.com and search the word "pon" when you know in singlish slang context it means to skip? We are Singaporeans, we can't just copy and paste what they say and covert it into our singaporean cultural context.

I think the word mugging comes from the idea of a last minute study at 4 am when all there is to accompany you is a mug (or cup or whatever) of water when your family members are asleep.

Don't be so harsh on slangs. =) Sometimes we humans just like to personalize our own words because there are not enough vocabularies in the whole world to describe that feeling that we felt at that time.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 09, 2007 12:46 PM  

I would. Don't assume everyone is lazy.

In other words, 'Personalizing own words' means you do not know enough vocabulary to think of the correct word.

In that case, what you should do is study instead of making up words that no one thought of before(this also means the word is most likely stupid).

By Blogger Norman, at December 12, 2007 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment


Wednesday, October 24, 2007


Place your dustbins where its appropriate

First of all, I would like to thank Maxwell Martin for giving me this idea as a blog post. Thank you.

Have you ever experience such a situation where you desperately need a dustbin, but you can't find one? It is fucking frustrating isn't it. You just can't get rid of the junk you are holding until you find one.

The thing is, it is extremely understandable if you can't find a dustbin in a desert, seaside, or forest. But you shouldn't encounter such a situation at places like the community centre or shopping center. Some shopping centers looks like this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It looks as if the authorized personnels know nothing about spreading things out evenly. This leads to the conclusion that they do not spread butter over their bread. So you can't find a dustbin for a long period of time, then when you finally found a dustbin, you found dustbins. You don't just find one, you find like, twenty crammed at one particular area.

In that area, you'll find at least 1 dustbin per pillar. You just have to look at that direction and you will definitely be able to spot like twenty dustbins right away.

Look at the following images to find out why it is better to spread the dustbins out evenly. The red arrow indicates the strength of the force acting on an area. The thicker the red line, the stronger the force. Fact: Placing a lot of dustbins together in an area is actually a terr0rist act as many people will be terrified of the result.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This will eventually happen if you do not place your dustbins in the appropriate places. Try spreading them out evenly, and you'll get what you see in the following image.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You see? Your dustbin won't drop. People will not be afraid of going into your shopping center. People will live happily ever after.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norman.

Norman Au.



Blogged at 8:38 PM, +8 GMT


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Tuesday, October 16, 2007


Situation

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Have you been in a situation such as..getting reprimanded by the teacher because you have not done your homework, yet with a valid reason... perhaps medically certified. However the teacher, having no intention of listening to your reasons in the first place, will not change their stand and thus claim that your reasons are actually just excuses.

.thus claims that your "Reasons are actually just excuses".

What the hell. So whats the matter? Reasons are just excuses anyway. We students know that. We don't need your reminder.

But i guess you know what the teachers is trying to say. "Reasons are actually just excuses". What they actually mean is " I know you are lying, asshole. I'm not as gullible as you think I am. Quit lying and admit what you have done wrong and I'll probably forgive you. "

This tells us that they have probably misunderstood the entire definition of 'excuse', in other words, they don't know what an 'excuse' is. Which probably ALSO means they do not use the following phrases:

May I be excused,
Excuse me,
Excuse my father,
Excuse my mother,
Excuse my sister,
Excuse my brother.

Heres the definition.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And heres the definition of reason.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
As you can see from the two images above, both 'reason' and 'excuse' are explanations. The difference is that an excuse requires someone to have the hope of being forgiven or understood ( of which the teacher will not know if someone is hoping to be forgiven or understood). Furthermore, even if it isn't a reason, it doesn't really matter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norman.

Norman Au.



Blogged at 5:47 PM, +8 GMT


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Friday, October 12, 2007


LIFE

This particular post is about what Life is in my opinion.

This question have been on my mind since I was like, 10 or younger."What is the purpose of life?". I wanted to know what is the purpose of life just like everyone else back then. And after 5 years of my life, I finally come up with a conclusion. I think I know the purpose of life.

First of all, we must approach this question without any biasness. Therefore, the purpose of life is as such:

"The purpose of life is such that all lifeforms are to try to stay alive and if possible, reproduce to ensure the continuity of each specific species."

Norman AU

That is it. We are not born to create miracles, discover things. You can only argue that we are born to stay alive, reproduce, and in the mean time, discover things we have yet to discover. There is no other purpose in life. You are probably too naive if you think that you are born for any other reason. Because whatever great things you have at the back of your mind about the purpose of life, they will apply to animals such as chickens, ducks, pigs and cats as well.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Other than reproduction, there isn't really any other objectives in our lifes. The objectives are all made up by us actually. If we do not actually have the intelligence to think of so many things, maybe all of us would not even ask this question.

Other than reproduction, Life is aimless, irrational and without a purpose. Life isn't about making friends, socializing, having fun, suffering or anything. In reality, life only allows us to do what we want, like making friends, socializing and having fun. You suffer because you are unlucky, and not because of fate.

Fate makes everything in life look stupid. We always blame fate for everything that is happening. For example if someone dies, you say its their fate to die so young. If we blamed everything on fate, we would probably be at the stone age right now. Take a look at these examples of ways to blame fate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Situation 1)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Situation 2)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Situation 3)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So do not blame fate.

Well since life is just like that, why don't i commit suicide? This is because life is so fun. You can play soccer, you can hit your friend, you can do whatever you want, just be prepared to face the consequences.

Life is actually a very, 'technical' thing. Face it realistically.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norman.

Norman Au.



Blogged at 11:33 PM, +8 GMT


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Tuesday, October 09, 2007


Funny Plants.

You should probably realize by now that I usually find trouble with things that doesn't really matter or bother me. Things like sesame street, halloween. They don't really affect me at all, but it doesn't matter.

I've not really been updating recently due to the End of Year Examinations. Been spending most of my time studying. But thats out of point. Here are two plants that you probably have never heard of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Urospermum Dalechampii


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The fact that this plant is named Urospermum Dalechumpii probably means that this plant contain sperms. Knowledge tells us that in order to keep sperms alife, they have to be kept in a place of suitable temperature, also known as testicles. So where the hell does the plant keep the sperms?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Urospermum Dalechumpii are also known as the horny plants.

The Eriophorum Vaginatum

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My first reaction when i see the plant's name was "How does the plant looks like?" And i was actually picturing it in my mind. Then i went to check the picture. It didn't look like anything i had in mind. What i was expecting is this.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fun with the plants

I bet all of you are curious as to how the plants above give life to new plants(commonly known as fertilization of plants). Imagine the Urospermum Dalechampii and the Eriophorum Vaginatum are actually dependant on each other for fertilization. This theory means that both plants does not undergo normal fertilization, like most other plants do. In this case, the plants will have to find other alternative methods to produce new plant lifes.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Imagine these two plants, about to undergo their unique 'fertilization' process.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Urospermum Dalechumpii closes in to Eriophorum Vaginatum.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The flower then infiltrates the interior of the Eriophorum Vaginatum for fertilization to take place.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The womb of the Eriophorum Vaginatum gradually grows bigger until it is ready to deliver the seed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Seed is released.

This process is sex.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norman.

Norman Au.



Blogged at 10:34 PM, +8 GMT


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Thursday, October 04, 2007


Street Fighter 1



A video created weeks ago. Street fighter part 1. Watch it.

Norman.

Norman Au.



Blogged at 5:27 PM, +8 GMT


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Monday, October 01, 2007


CHAINMAIL2
After this post is published, please make sure that you guys don't send me stupid chain mails based on the view point of a single person. Or any stupid chain mail at all. I'm getting more and more frustrated by seeing these mails. Here is a what mails that i hate. Please DO NOT send them to me. Thank you!!

==========================================================
TYPICAL EMAILS YOU SHOULD NOT SEND TO ME.

*Emails which contains the following phrase "If you do not send this to...bad luck for..."


*Emails which contains a hell lot of other email addresses, of which i have taken the time off to erase them off in this picture.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
*Click on the image to enlarge*

The thing is, I have no idea why can't people not leave the email addresses of others in the email. If you don't know how to mass-send emails to others at one time without disclosing their email addresses, then don't. If you really want to, you can always do it one at a time. Disclosing someone else's email address without permission is against the law.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following are emails that i have received and reprimand the person for doing so... so please do not do it, thanks!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The thing is, if your chain mail is interesting, it's okay I'll appreciate what you send and also thank you. Interesting emails include jokes, stories, pictures from different part of the world, informative articles, etc. Just like the one above

---------------------------------------------------------------------
* "How guys express their love!!!"
Please do not do not do not send me these emails too. Reason being that these emails are created by people with their own opinions, which does not necessarily coincides with MINE or YOURS. Even if it does coincide with yours, don't do it. It's just like risking your life, just worse. 50% chance. If you don't send, you won't have to risk it. For example..

" When a GUY is quiet and is alone,He's is thinking how good you're, Miss you!!! "

Not necessarily. You haven't thought that the guy is asleep did you? And look, if you trust this email, you are assuming that when a guy stops talking and is alone (which happens everyday, for a few seconds here and there), he is thinking of everyone that has read this email. WHO THE HELL DO THAT???

" When a GUY is lying on his bed,He is thinking deeply why he loves you. "

This is very wrong. When a guy is lying on his bed, it means he is asleep and trying no to think of anything. If he loves you, he don't need to think deeply why he loves you, because he already knows. Therefore if he's lying on his bed and thinking deeply why he loves you, it is most probably because someone forced him (presumably you).

" When a GUY looks at you in your eyes, He wants to tell you how much he loves you and how important you're. "

Always remember that if this statement is prove to be right, it means that guys should be blind. If I'm a guy, i don't want to tell others how much i love them every time i look into their eyes, because if i do it means that I'll have to do it every day to everyone whom i have talked to. It will be like:

Waihon: Hi norman
Norman: Hi, do you know how to do amath? I love you and you are very important.
Waihon: Oh, easy lah.
Norman: Can teach me? I love you and you are very important.
Waihon: Ok.
Norman: Thanks. I love you and you are very important.
Afiq: Hi norman.
Norman: Hi. I love you and you are very important.
Chingjun: HEY PEOPLE!
Norman: HEY CHINGJUN! I LOVE YOU AND YOU ARE VERY IMPORTANT.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
MOST IMPORTANTLY, NEVER EVER SEND ME EMAILS LIKE THESE.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Please send legible emails. DO NOT send me these email please. Look before you send. Don't send me crap which i can't and won't bother to try to read. A good way is to not use ">". The best way is to not send me those mails at all. Thank you!!!

=====================================================
Will not be posting frequently due to my End of Year Examinations. Hope all of you score well in exams! Study hard! Don't play too often for this term. I don't want my friends to retain or anyone to.

Norman Au.



Blogged at 9:54 PM, +8 GMT


1 Comments:

>>> >>> >>> The fact that >>>
you >>> >>> >>> >>>put the >>>
>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>,>> ,..>
>> >email >>,.,>,. >> >>> >>>
>,.>>>on,, >>> >>> >>>your blog
>>>>> makes >>> >>> >>> ,.,>>,,it
>>> >>> >>.< ,,>>> =)=)=) o.o>>
not useless >>> >>> >>> ,.>> .
>>> ..././.['];[[.';.';.';.
.;'.[.['.[].][p;.[.p;[.>>>>>P.;>:>

anymore>>>>>>>>

By Blogger alqx, at November 11, 2007 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment



If you enjoy this blog,
you will SURELY love...


Http://fiqo.blogspot.com


CLICK TO RETURN TO

Photobucket


Classics


The New Language(TNL)
The New Language(TNL) II
The New Language(TNL) III

Sesame Street
People
Formal Letter

How to be an ass in a hospital
Stop eating, be happy
Opera


Tagboard







My Profile



- Norman
- Email address: Ahs.namron@gmail.com


Misc





Started on 1st January2007.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License



Archives

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
November 2008
January 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
September 2009
December 2009




Exit

Links

Blog
Information